Thursday, November 18, 2010

magic needs no reason

wands and spells...do we actually need a wand to create magic? phoos whooosh and thooosh...
do i believe in wands.do i believen in spells..more importantly..do i believe in magic?

if something defies logic.. the first thing i look to name that particular thing is magic.. i mean..

Magic:
n.
The art that purports to control or forecast natural events, effects, or forces by invoking the supernatural.
The practice of using charms, spells, or rituals to attempt to produce supernatural effects or control events in nature.
The charms, spells, and rituals so used.
The exercise of sleight of hand or conjuring for entertainment.
A mysterious quality of enchantment: "For me the names of those men breathed the magic of the past" (Max Beerbohm).
adj.
Of, relating to, or invoking the supernatural: "stubborn unlaid ghost/That breaks his magic chains at curfew time" (John Milton).
Possessing distinctive qualities that produce unaccountable or baffling effects.

its schoolish..its bookish..its not something 'practical' adults who are on the other side of their 30's believe in.. and here is where i stray of my original storyline..

art that purports to control --- there is no art.. there is no reason.. and thats the precise reason why few things are attributed to magic.. did i knot myself up here?
what are the chances that 2 pebbles thrown at each other from a mile away hit each other?? if they do manage to even come close.. its attributed to magic..aah..what an event ..oohh..its pure magic..

and i know that its completely not magic, when i want to spend the day curled up..when the train stops in my station..
aaah

1 comment:

The Modern Pastry Shop said...

Magic I find
in new beginnings
and
Old endings
Magic I find,
in orange shoes
and
pink earrings

Magic I find
in a smile
that has set in after the tear
and
in feeling
that someone is near

Magic I also find
in the voice that I hear
and
in the eyes that
I am yet to see.
Believe me,
Magic I find
in
you and me.